Are you a reader of Cozy Mysteries or Cozy Paranormal Mysteries? Do you want to find new-to-you books and have an awesome group to chat about those books with?
The Cozy Mystery Book Club is a brand new book club brought to you by the admins of The Chick Lit Book Club. We have a Facebook group (http://karaneleni.com/TCMBCFB) for regular interaction and will host our discussions on Goodreads (http://karaneleni.com/TCMBCGR)! We’re always looking for new members and would love to have you join us!
For 2017, we have selected a range of books that we feel most will enjoy. For 2018 and beyond, suggestions will be accepted and books that qualify will be put to a vote. Discussion questions will be posted in the Goodreads group by the 20th of the same month to start the convo. Discussions are ongoing so pop in when you’ve finished that month’s book! Challenges will be posted during the “off months”. Participation is optional.
The selection criteria is simple.
- All books will fall into the Cozy Mystery or Cozy Paranormal Mystery realm and could feature ghosts, witches, amateur sleuths, and more.
- All books will be available in multiple formats, reasonably priced, and most likely available in Kindle Unlimited.
- All books will be standalone or “first in series”. (For those who want to continue reading a series, we will create unofficial discussions for those. Members are welcome to lead these discussions.)
THIS IS A NON SELF-PROMO GROUP! Promoting your own books, in any fashion, is not allowed. Posts will be deleted and repeat offenders removed from the group. There are plenty of other Facebook groups where you can promote your books.
We have theme days in the Facebook group!
- Monday – New Member Welcome!
- Tuesday – Book Chat – Share the Cozy Mystery book(s) that you are currently reading or are looking forward to diving into!
- Thursday – On Screen Cozies – What Cozy Mystery movies have you been watching or would you like to watch again?
- Saturday – Review Day – Post links to your Cozy Mystery reviews from your blog, Amazon, or Goodreads! (This does not include your books. Remember…no self-promo!)
- Every day – Talk! Are you looking for a particular Chick Lit/Romantic Comedy book but can’t remember the name? Ask! We might be able to help! Did you find a cute bookworm or reading meme? Share away!